Website design and development costs can vary widely, depending on the scope of the project and the level of customisation required.
A professional website designer will want your website and business to perform, this is a reflection of their work that they can include in their portfolio to showcase in the hope of securing more work. There is also the referrals to consider, many web designers obtain new business from referrals from previous work they have completed.
• Basic website design and development packages typically start around £1,000, but can range up to £5,000 for a business website and even beyond for more complex projects. Always be aware of cheaper alternatives as in the business of website design as the saying "you get what you pay for really does apply".
• If you are looking for more complex features, such as custom programming, content management systems, e-commerce, or specialised design and branding, costs can quickly increase past £5,000.
• Ongoing website maintenance and hosting costs, such as domain registration, security updates, and backups, can range from £50 to £250 per month.
The importance of having a business website
Having a business website is crucial for any business in today’s digital world. A business website gives customers an easy way to find out about your business, learn about your products and services, and contact you. It also provides an online presence for your business and allows you to reach customers all over the world. By having a website, you can showcase your business, help customers find you, and increase your sales. Additionally, a website can provide valuable information and resources to your customers, help you build your brand, and improve your reputation.
How to pick the correct web designer
1. Research Your Options: First and foremost, you should research various web designers and their portfolios. Make sure to ask questions and get a better understanding of their skills and experience.
2. Check Their Reviews: Reviews can be a great way to gauge the quality of a web designer and their work. Look for reviews from past clients to get a better idea of the designer’s level of expertise.
3. Ask for a Portfolio: A portfolio can tell you a lot about a web designer. A portfolio should showcase the designer’s past work and should give you an idea of the type of design style the designer is capable of.
4. Consider Your Budget: Web design can be an expensive endeavor, so it’s important to consider your budget when choosing a web designer. Make sure to get an accurate quote from the web designer on web design pricing to ensure that you’re not overspending. At WDA Design we can offer several packages that allow split payments of this initial cost, spreading over a longer period.
5. Look for Experience: Experience is key when it comes to web design, so make sure to look for a designer with plenty of experience in the field. Experienced designers will be able to better understand your needs and create a website that meets your expectations.
What is SEO
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimisation, and it is the process of optimising a website to increase its visibility in search engine results. SEO includes optimizing a website's content, structure, meta tags, and other elements to help the website rank higher in search engine results. SEO helps to improve the visibility of a website, which can lead to increased website traffic and higher conversion rates.
More information can be found at our SEO blog.
Why is SEO so important for business websites
SEO is important for business websites because it helps them get found in search engine results. SEO ensures that your website has the best chance of appearing at the top of the search engine rankings when potential customers search for terms related to your business. It also helps you to attract more qualified leads by targeting specific keywords and optimizing content to match user intent. SEO also helps to build trust and credibility with potential customers by providing relevant, helpful content that answers their questions. Ultimately, SEO helps businesses increase their visibility online and build their brand identity.
What questions should a good web designer be asking me and my business
1. What are the goals you would like to achieve with your website?
2. What type of content will the website include (pages, blogs, videos, images, etc.)?
3. Who is your target audience?
4. What do you want the website’s overall look and feel to be?
5. How often do you need to update the website?
6. What features do you want the website to have (e-commerce, blog, contact forms, etc.)? 7. What budget do you have for the website design and development?
8. Are there any specific design elements you would like incorporated into the website?
9. What is your timeline for launching the website?
10. What is the purpose of the website?